Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Try It Tuesday

Let me just start off by saying: I do not consider myself a crafty person

Like most people, I often see something online (hello....pinterest) and think to myself "I could totally make that". Fast forward a few hours later and you'll find me covered in paint/glue/glitter/sawdust and on the verge of tears because I'm just not crafty.

However, that doesn't stop me from trying. Hence the "Try it Tuesday" category was born. My weekly dish on attempted crafts, recipes, etc. Be warned this includes the good, bad and the downright ugly.

Here is this week's inspiration:

This week's inspiration came from this website http://www.thecreativityexchange.com/2012/09/diy-gold-leaf-vase-how-to-paint-on-glass.html

I saw these gold leaf vases on the website and figured I'd give it a whirl. I had a bunch of large, plain glass vases sitting around and felt they could use some jazzing up.

Here is what I started with:
A plain glass vase, valspar metallic gold spray paint (at any local hardware store) and painters tape.



I placed the painter's tape on each vase where I wanted to clear lines of the design to be. I then filled up the center of each vase with newspaper just to keep any extra spray paint out of the inside of the vase, then wrapped the top with paint.


Then you just go to town spray painting the areas not covered by the tape.







Let it dry for a few minutes and peel off the tape....viola....cute gold vases. 



 Pretty easy...cheap and fast to make. I think this one was a WIN!




No comments:

Post a Comment