Friday, February 7, 2014

Step It Up (taking it to the streets)

Congrats to those that recognize the title of this post (hello fellow teen dance movie lovers!) This is my first Fitness Friday post!

One of my main goals is to lead an active lifestyle....rather than just have a generic goal of losing weight, exercising, eating healthy, etc. I'd prefer to just work on making fitness and health just an ordinary part of my everyday life.

Dan got me a Fitbit awhile ago and I've been using it everyday the past two weeks to really see how active I am throughout the day.



For those that don't know, a Fitbit is a small pedometer like device that tracks steps, calories burned, miles walked and then it wirelessly sinks up with your computer or phone to track progress. You can also enter foods eaten and active minutes of exercise to give you a picture of your fitness health each day.

The goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. Before wearing the Fitbit I thought for sure I was walking at least 10,000 steps a day. After three days I realized I only average about 3,000 steps per day!! 

I really like the Fitbit because it's super small (I clip it onto my bra each morning when I get dressed) and it automatically sinks to the Fitbit App on my phone so I don't have to upload data, etc. 

So far it's been eye-opening at my lack of movement during the day and has also really helped me to fit in activities that help push me towards my goal of 10,000 steps a day. I started off at about 3,000 steps a day and now I am up towards the 5,000 steps a day mark. 

I better Get To Steppin'

No comments:

Post a Comment