Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mother's Day

So obviously I'm a little behind on this blog, but it's my goal to write more each week....let's see how I do.


May 2013 marked my very first Mother's Day and it was.......uneventful, just like I wanted it to be.

Dan and I both agreed that for mother's/father's day we didn't really want to make a big deal out of it. I'm not Dan's mom and he isn't my dad, so we didn't understand why we should have to make a big celebration for one another or get each other gifts.

Instead, we decided that when Sophie gets older if she wants to get us a gift or make us something that is fine, but neither Dan nor I need to get a gift or plan some big hoopla for the other. It just works for us that we were both on the same page.

That being said, I did have a nice Mother's Day and went to Jack London Square for a little Farmer's Market Action and a Cocktail Al Fresco (my favorite way to drink...outside in the sunshine).


No comments:

Post a Comment